The International School Bangalore (TISB) aims to provide an exciting all-round education as the first stage in a personally fulfilling and socially useful life. It prepares students for University studies worldwide. Our students come from internationally minded families who for reasons of culture or residence have an affinity towards India.
Young people need to be excited about the world they live in. It is a complex and sometimes confusing place but the fundamental aim of good education is that the students are given an opportunity to make sense of the world and their place in it. This involves building up more than a body of knowledge; students need to have skills and attitudes to be successful life-long learners.
- To enable students from anywhere in the world to achieve their dreams and reach their potential in whatever they aim to do.
- To provide unparalleled academic excellence and wonderful future career prospects in a humane and caring pastoral environment.
- To promote ethical practices and the development of social awareness and responsibility in all of our students.
- To establish a community whose strength lies in its integrity, loyalty, honesty and dedication to achieve great things in life with clear vision and humility.
- To widen the intellectual horizons of students through global exposure to activities in the arts, sciences, competitions and social services.
- To stimulate well-being and character development through cultural, social, academic and sporting co-curricular activities at the highest level.
- To foster independence of mind and spirit through kindly guidance and nurturing.
- To set the highest of professional and educational standards and goals and to strive with passion and perseverance towards them.
- To encourage all students to aim high in whatever they do, and to impose no limits on students’ ambitions.
- To take pride in, praise, promote and support all that is excellent in our students.
- To provide loving care, support and encouragement equally to students of all backgrounds and nationalities, all races and religions, creating within the school a harmonious multicultural learning environment in which all students are equally important, happy and successful.